The ABYC Foundation launches a series of webinars
The American Boat & Yacht Council Foundation announced yesterday that its Educator Training Conference will transition from a two-day virtual event to a subscription-based monthly webinar series that aims to strengthen the education and training of future and existing technicians. .
“We are excited about this new monthly subscription series model to allow educators to take their summer and learn at their own pace,” said Margaret Podlich, executive director of the foundation. said in a press release. “Now is an ongoing opportunity to bring together the people who are training our future marine technicians and those who are actively hiring.
Scheduled to launch on September 20, the monthly series is free for schools affiliated and accredited with the ABYC Foundation, as well as for ABYC members at the manufacturer level or above. General subscriptions are $249.
The webinars will air on the following schedule and can be viewed live or on-demand:
• September 20: Teaching technical subjects – Lessons learned from construction
• October 12: Don’t Reinvent the Wheel: 8 Resources You Need to Know
• November 21: Dos and Don’ts of Electrical Systems – A Visual Journey
• December 13: Shipyard and Marina Safety Considerations
• January 25, 2023: How people learn
• February 14: Training of future fiberglass composite boat builders
• March 14: what the industry wants
• April 12: fundamental repair of trailers
• May 11: training aids on marine systems